Sunday, December 10, 2023

'Twas the night before Christmas

'Twas the night before Christmas, 
And all through the house,

Not a creature was stirring, except for me, 

Fumbling with wrenches, feeling quite peeved. 

The unwrapped packages, in a festive display, 

Mocked my ineptitude, as the hours did slip away.

The bikes, unassembled, stood like giants in wait, 

Their chrome and rubber glinting, mocking my fate. 

A million pieces, a jumbled mess, 

Defying my logic, causing me stress.

But fueled by coffee and Christmas cheer, 

I persevered, ignoring my growing fear. 

With each bolt tightened, and each pedal in place, 

The bikes took shape, a triumph in my face.

Now with the bikes complete and the house filled with cheer,

I closed my tired eyes, no worries to fear.

For the children's excitement, the joy in their eyes,

Made every struggle, every challenge, a worthwhile surprise.

So let the bells ring, let the carols resound,

For Christmas is here, and magic abounds.

With loved ones gathered, and hearts filled with warmth,

We'll celebrate the season, free from all harm.

Exhausted but joyful, a smile on my face,

I whispered a message, my heart filled with grace:

"Merry Christmas to all, and to all a good night,

May your dreams be filled with wonder and light."



Unlikely Buddha 2023


No comments:

Post a Comment

The Silent Pool

          The summer sun beat down on the Johnsons' backyard, casting shimmering diamonds on the inviting pool. Laughter, as...