Sunday, August 27, 2023

Twitter's Dystopian Tale


In fair Silicon Valley, where the code doth flow,

A billionaire did purchase a social media site.

He vowed to make it a utopia,

A place where all could meet and debate.

The billionaire spoke of freedom of speech,

And of how the site would be a forum for all ideas.

He said that it would be a place where people could come together

And work together to make the world a better place.

The people rejoiced,

And they flocked to the site in droves.

They spoke of peace and love,

And of how the site would bring about a new era of enlightenment.

I was among those who were initially optimistic about its future. I believed that the billionaire's promises of freedom and equality would be fulfilled. I saw the site as a way to bring people together and to create a more just and equitable world. 

However, my optimism was soon to be dashed. The billionaire's true colors began to show. He began to limit free speech,

And he started to promote alt-right agendas.

He silenced his critics,

And he banned those who disagreed with him.

The people were shocked and dismayed. They had thought that they were entering a new era of peace and understanding,

But instead they found themselves in a new era of censorship and oppression.

I was among those who were most affected by the billionaire's actions. People were silenced and banned from the site. We  felt like we had lost our  voice. People were afraid to speak out, for fear of being silenced again.

The people tried to fight back,

But they were no match for the billionaire's power.

He shut down their accounts,

And he had them arrested.

The site became a place of fear and intimidation. No one dared to speak out,

For fear of being silenced.

I was among those who gave up hope. I felt like the billionaire had won. I thought that there was no way to stop him.

The billionaire's actions had a profound impact on the world. People became more divided,

And violence began to erupt.

Soon, the world was at war. The billionaire's site had become the catalyst for global conflict.

In the end, there was no utopia.

There was only war and destruction.

The billionaire's dream had turned into a nightmare. He had created a monster,

And now he was powerless to stop it.


Epilogue

The site was shut down,

But the damage had been done.

The world would never be the same

I survived the war, but I was changed by it. I had seen the worst of humanity, and I had lost my faith in the possibility of a better world. 

But then I remembered the promise of the social media site. I remembered the hope that it had once inspired.

I knew that I could not give up. I had to keep fighting for a better world. I had to believe that utopia was still possible.

I am not alone in my belief. There are many others who have not given up hope. We are determined to build a new world,

A world without fear or oppression.

We know that it will be a long and difficult struggle,

But we are determined to succeed.

We will build a world where everyone is free to speak their mind,

Where everyone is treated with respect,

And where everyone has the opportunity to reach their full potential.


We will build a utopia.

Unlikely Buddha 2023


No comments:

Post a Comment

The Silent Pool

          The summer sun beat down on the Johnsons' backyard, casting shimmering diamonds on the inviting pool. Laughter, as...