Sunday, August 20, 2023

Sweet Mystery of Life


Sweet Mystery of Life,

What are you, and wherefore?

What is this strange desire

That fills our hearts with fire?


What is this love divine

That draws our souls together?

What is this strange delight

That makes us long for light?


What is this longing deep

That we can never satisfy?

What is this hope so sweet

That we can never flee?


What is this strange unrest

That drives us on and on?

What is this nameless pain

That makes us weep and moan?


What is this secret flame

That burns within our souls?

What is this deathless dream

That fills our hearts with goals?


Sweet Mystery of Life,

What are you, and wherefore?

What is this strange desire

That fills our hearts with fire?


I do not know, my love,

But I believe that you

Are the answer to my quest,

The key to all my rest.


I believe that you are all

That I have ever sought,

The one true love of my life,

The one true light I've caught.


I believe that you are mine,

And I am yours forever,

And that together we shall find

The meaning of life's sweet endeavor.


Unlikely Buddha ©2023


No comments:

Post a Comment

The Silent Pool

          The summer sun beat down on the Johnsons' backyard, casting shimmering diamonds on the inviting pool. Laughter, as...