Thursday, August 17, 2023

I'm Not Gone


I'm not gone, I'm just not here, 

I've found a new place to hold dear, 

A different world, a different time, 

A new life in a different rhyme.


I've left the pain and the sorrow, 

The sickness and the growing old, 

I've found a place where there is no fear, 

A place where I can always hear


Your voices calling out to me, 

Your love and your warmth and your light, 

I'll always be here with you, 

In spirit and in heart and in might.


So don't cry for me, my loved ones, 

I'm not gone, 

I'm just not here, 


I'll see you again, someday, somehow, 

In this world or in another.


Unlikely Buddha ©2023


No comments:

Post a Comment

The Silent Pool

          The summer sun beat down on the Johnsons' backyard, casting shimmering diamonds on the inviting pool. Laughter, as...