Wednesday, August 2, 2023

Catherine, a Poem

Through the circles of Hell I did descend,
And saw many a sinner condemned to their fate,
But none so vile as the one I now name: 
Cat, the liar, the cheat, the false-hearted mate

Her eyes were as brown as the earth she trod,
And her hair was as blonde as the sun above,
But her heart was as black as the night that shrouds
The souls of the damned in their eternal love.

She lied to me, she betrayed me, she stole
All that I had, and then left me for dead.
But I will not rest until she is brought to heel,
And I see her face twisted in pain and dread.

For she is a liar, and liars must pay
For their sins in the depths of the deepest Hell.
And when she dies, she will be cast down
To the lowest circle, where she will dwell

In eternal torment, with all the other liars,
And she will never know peace or respite.
So let this be a warning to all who would
Betray the trust of those who love them so dearly

 - Unlikely Buddha ©2023


No comments:

Post a Comment

The Silent Pool

          The summer sun beat down on the Johnsons' backyard, casting shimmering diamonds on the inviting pool. Laughter, as...