Saturday, May 20, 2023

The Tell Tale Xeet

Once upon a midnight dreary, 
As I scrolled, weak and weary, 
Through the endless Xeets and chatter, 
My eyes transfixed on a message that mattered. 

'Twas a xeet from a distant shore, 
That chilled me to my very core, 
As words I thought were cast in jest, 
Revealed a truth that couldn't rest. 

And though I tried to look away, 
The xeet refused to fade or stray, 
Haunting my mind with its grim refrain, 
Till I could bear the burden no more again. 

Now I've come to see each xeet, 
As an omen I dare not cheat, 
For the tales and stories they contain, 
May bring me sorrow, or joy, or pain.

And so I'll heed the tell tale xeet, 
And let it guide me through the fleet, 
Of messages that flood my screen, 
Till I find my way to dreams serene.

Unlikely Buddha  ©2023


No comments:

Post a Comment

The Silent Pool

          The summer sun beat down on the Johnsons' backyard, casting shimmering diamonds on the inviting pool. Laughter, as...