Sunday, September 3, 2023

Quantum Nothingness

Quantum Nothingness

What is this void that fills the space 

Between the atoms and the rays? 

What is this silence that pervades

The cosmic symphony of waves?


Is it the absence of all things 

Or the potential of all forms?

Is it the canvas of all dreams

 Or the graveyard of all storms? 


I wonder if I could explore 

This hidden realm of mystery

And find the secrets at its core 

That shape the laws of history 


But how can I perceive what lies 

Beyond the reach of sight and sound?

How can I grasp what defies

The logic of the world around? 


Perhaps I need a different eye 

A vision of the inner sense 

A faculty that can descry 

The subtle essence of existence 


Perhaps I need a different ear 

A hearing of the silent voice 

A faculty that can revere 

The harmony of silent noise 


Perhaps I need a different mind 

A wisdom of the paradox 

A faculty that can unwind 

The riddles of the quantum box 


But most of all I need a heart 

A passion for the infinite

A faculty that can impart 

The beauty of the quantum bit 


For nothingness is not a lack

But a plenitude of being 

A source of wonder and awe 

that Inspires a deeper seeing. 

Unlikely Buddha ©2023


No comments:

Post a Comment

The Silent Pool

          The summer sun beat down on the Johnsons' backyard, casting shimmering diamonds on the inviting pool. Laughter, as...